The Medical Coder/Biller – REMOTE/BOLIVAR/HERMITAGE will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
- Assigns proper CPT codes including all E/M levels, office procedures, diagnostic lab/x-rays, etc. with regards to documented medical necessity.
- Maintains competence in computer applications and certification and necessary CEU’s
- Maintains coding productivity and accuracy in a timely manner.
- Exhibits sound knowledge of medical terminology.
- Complies with all legal requirements regarding coding procedure and practices
- Participates in audits and reviews to ensure all documentation is accurate and precise.
- Assigns and sequences diagnoses (ICD -10) to the highest level of specificity per documentation.
- Collaborates with billing department to ensure all bills are satisfied in a timely manner.
- Contacts physicians’ and other health care professionals with questions about treatment or diagnostic tests given to patients to ensure correct coding.
- Reviews all notes prepared by the providers to ensure there are no omissions, documentation errors, or other mistakes that may require corrections and/or addendum s prior to coding.
- Follows up with the providers on any documentation that would need corrected due to insufficient documentation or clarity.
- Research discrepancies and securing missing information regarding the filing of insurance claims.
- Submit claims electronically and on paper to Medicare, Medicaid and third-Party payers daily.
- Identifies rejected claims as listed on the EOB, researches errors, corrects on computer system, and refiles electronically or on paper.
- Maintains communications with other staff members and supervisor regarding problem areas in billing procedures
- Other Duties as assigned
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Family and Friends CPR within 6 months of employment
- CCS-CCS-P, CPC, CPC-H, or CPC-P preferred
Three years coding related experience preferred
- CFO and Billing Manager
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.