The Sterilization Tech will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
- Maintains high level of infection control through appropriate use of infection control barriers, appropriate clothing, avoiding cross contamination of sterile/disinfected with non -sterile/non disinfected, and follows OCHC policies on sterilization and disinfection
- Safely and efficiently operates equipment and/or devices including but not limited to Autoclave, Statim, Ultrasonic. And notifies clinic manager of any issues with the equipment.
- Consistently maintains the operations of the Central Sterile Room and laundry to ensure all instruments and laundry are caught up at all times.
- Consistently assists in the breakdown of each opertatory after procedures to include proper sterilization and ensuring there is no cross contamination.
- Ensures a full component of supplies is maintained by pulling tabs and place in the ordering container and/or notifies office manager of any additional or new needs.
- Ensures all orders are correct by using the packing slip and the invoice slip to compare items and to check off the items received to ensure we receive everything we ordered. Notifies clinic manager of items that have not been received or issues with packing slip vs invoice.
- Available at all times to help with anything requested by the providers/assistants throughtout the day.
- Attends and assists in preparation and arragment for OCHC meetings as requested.
- Willingly travels to other dental locations in the area to fill in, assist or attend meetings whenever possible.
- Consistently works well with all staff as a team to ensure the clinic operates efficiently and effectively.
- Willingly helps with any other assignments given.
- When downtime helps others out or finds work to stay busy.
- Assists in pulling expired items in opertatories, lab and sterilization and disposes of the items according to OCHC policy.
- Ensure monthly maintenance of assigned equipment is done each month and documented.
- Every months pulls sterilization packages to ensure no holes or punctures in the bags and wipes down the area to ensure no dust is present.
- Wears face mask and/or shield at all times when cleaning opertatories, instruments, etc.
- Every 6 months dee[ cleans shelving where supplies are kept to ensure dust is removed and clean (July/December).
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Current BLS for Healthcare Providers CPR certification
- One year dental assistance experience preferred
- Dental Clinic Manager
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.