Risk and Compliance Coordinator – FT
The Risk and Compliance Coordinator will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and
community partnerships. This position will perform the day-to-day business functions necessary for smooth and continued operations. Additionally, to coordinate all areas related to risk and compliance. Actively and consistently contributes to department operations and communications; behaves in a manner consistent with mission and objectives of OCHC and performs other duties
- Maintain the HIPAA Audit worksheet to, process the random name selection for each month’s HIPAA audits and assisting as needed with any potential red flag issues found.
- Coordinates Annual OCHC Trainings and forms to be completed each year, which includes HIPAA – Identity Theft- Compliance, OSHA & BBP, Mandated Reported & Biohazard Waste as well as any additional trainings required.
- Routinely check the Compliance Hotline number, 417-328-7565, for any messages and promptly follow-up/investigate the information reported to resolve the issue(s) for: Unlawful, unprofessional, or unethical acts w/in, etc.
- Review and work to ensure the Business Associate Agreements (BAA) are legally sound with required regulatory language, protecting the PHI per the federal and state laws and OCHC policy.
- Immediately review and process of all privacy complaints and HIPAA Incident Reports for PHI Breach/Violations appropriately, including: research and investigation into the incidents; calling/following-up with patients if necessary; mailing final letter(s) to patient(s) involved, and report all with the OIG annually by January 31st.
- Provide and/or assist managers with the re-education to employees who are found or named in any HIPAA breach and/or Identity Theft issues.
- Work w/DOO and team for compliance with all auditor requirements for maintaining licensure.
- Daily review of encrypted e-mail reports and investigate any red flags.
- Review and Update and post the Missouri and Federal Posters annually or as needed based upon law revisions.
Risk Management Responsibilities:
- Proactively evalutates areas of organizational risk based on internal assessment and external benchmarking, and implements strategies and policies that promote patient and staff safety.
- Promotes the occurrence reporting process including trending and reporting of results, identification of problem-prone areas, and facilitation of prevention initiatives.
- Directs the investigation of all potentially compensable events (preventable adverse events).
- Leads the review of serious occurrences requiring root-cause analysis or failure mode and effects analysis. Disseminates lessons learned and processes improvement plans.
- Meets regularly with leadership to provide detailed reports on all serious incidents, claims, and risk-related issues.
- Responds to sentinel events and other serious occurrences and provides expert advice on the management and reporting of such events to administrative and clinical leadership and staff.
- Conducts clinic walk-through safety assessments on a regluar basis.
- Conducts immediate/appropriate response to any serious occurrence/complaint representing actual or potential patient, visitor, or employee injury. Monitors and takes subsequent actions to ensure learning, compliance, and documentation.
- Analyzes all statistical reports and advisories that identify risk management and patient safety patterns and trends for leadership.
Emergency Preparedness Responsibilities:
- Keeps up to date with new and revised state and federal regulations and statuses related to FQHC’s and patient care. Reviews and evaluates related policies and procedures, and recommends revisions as needed. Creates new policies for approval as needed.
- Develops policies and procedures for the Health Center to maintain CMS compliance.
- Attends trainings and webinars pertinent to Emergency Management.
- Maintains membership in Local Emergency Preparedness Coalition and Southwest Missouri Healthcare Coalition.
- Actively participates in Local Emergency Planning and/or Emergency Response in cooperation with the local Health Department, County commissioners, and school districts.
- Works with RN, Employee Educator to develop trainings for staff regarding Emergency Management.
- Develops drills and after action reports for utilization by Health Centers locations.
- Reviews Health Center Emergency Plan, HVA, and COOP with Emergency Management Committee on annual basis.
- Assists in obtaining and maintaining adequate PPE supplies, needed emergency response equipment, and needed COVID testing supplies.
- Performs other duties as requested.
Education & Training
- Bachelor degree in nursing or greater preferred
Must complete annual education requirements
Licensure & Certifications
- Family and Friends CPR within 6 months of employment
At least 3 years experience in the area of compliance.
- Director of Operations
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.