Referral Coordinator (School Based)
The School Based Referral Coordinator will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide quality, compassion and professional healthcare for all.
Schedules and coordinates school based related appointments; presentations; maintains relationships with schools; schedules specialist appointments, surgeries, procedures, radiology examinations, MRI, CT and ultrasounds; performs daily functions related to providing care to patients of the community; actively and consistently contributes to the department operations and communications; behaves in a manner consistent with mission of OCHC and performs other duties as requested.
- SCHOOL BASED BEHAVIORAL HEALTH:
- Performs daily functions relating to SBBH program.
- Schedules patient appointments-approx 120 per week plus changes-per appropriate guidelines set forth by Provider and Clinic Manager.
- Checks in patients that were seen daily and moves when needed.
- Uses Expanse system to check insurance when checking in patients.
- Ensures we have a signed school based BH consent and patient packet for each child (Consent, HIPAA, Patient Info and PRAPARE). Scan all documents into patient’s EMR.
- Update patient photo, patient demographics and insurance from the information provided by the parent in the patient packet.
- Communicates with school representatives on a regular basis and maintains a good relationship.
- Answers and/or returns calls from School Rep and parents in a timely and courteous manner.
- Communicates with BH Provider on a daily basis-relaying/receiving information about patient/changes to schedule.
- Assists provider with tasks assigned.
- Communicates with Clinic Manager on a regular basis and asks questions when needed.
- Keep good documentation of calls, conversations, any communication with parents, guardians and school officials.
- Routes Emergency calls from school or parent appropriately.
- Sets appointments with School Reps or others in the community when needed or required.
- Uses tasking/workload system to relay messages to provider/manager as well as document conversations with parents in the patient’s chart.
- Maintain Consent/Insurance spreadsheet.
- Maintain total school’s numbers spreadsheet.
- Maintain total enrolled spreadsheet
- Keep a list of parents who want contacted, or to be involved, and send workloads to providers.
- Assists front desk as time allows, when scheduled, and if needed to cover lunches for front desk employees.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- REFERRAL COORDINATOR:
- Knows and practices current guidelines and restrictions of treatment and procedures of the department as per objectives and philosophy of scheduling standards and OCHC policies and procedures, utilizing equipment, supplies and procedures for the subsequent duties.
- Demonstrates good communication skills, answers the phone and the questions addressed with a pleasant, tactful attitude, and assists all callers in their requests, whether it pertains to scheduling or not.
- Schedules radiology examinations while patient is in the office as per the provider’s request.
- Gets authorization when needed for appointments, procedures or radiology in a timely manner.
- Logs all referrals on excel worksheet daily.
- Schedules patient referrals on to specialist. Sending appropriate information and notifying patient of appointment time and instructions in a timely manner.
- Follows up on outside referrals to ensure appointments were scheduled in a timely manner.
- Links documents to outside referrals/radiology/procedures.
- Orders and tracks all DME.
- Faxes all outgoing orders/letters/scripts for providers.
- Fills out, faxes, and tracks medical release forms to have patient’s records sent to our office to ensure they are sent in a timely manner.
- Tracks Behavioral Health Medicaid patient appointments to ensure they have an authorization number for their counseling visits.
- Enters orders requested by a provider.
- Any other duties as requested.
- Runs daily provider reports to ensure all imaging and referral are handled appropriately.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Clerical experience preferred
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Family and Friends CPR within 6 months of employment
- HazMat Awareness (Extended) within 3 months, renewed annually
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Clinic Manager, Clinic Coordinator and /or CEO
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.