The Office Associate will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
- Handles telephone routing to appropriate person including making patient appointments per appropriate guidelines set forth by Provider/Clinic manager, answering inquiries relating to services and fees, simple insurance inquiries and screen emergencies.
- Responsible for keeping reception area neat and clean.
- Responsible for keeping filing system necessary for proper organization of work.
- Dismisses the patient and makes arrangements for return appointments and departs patients in system.
- Requests payment of deductibles, co-insurances, and non-participating third party payor at time of service for current visit and outstanding bills.
- Responsible for exiting the patient in a courteous and pleasant manner and assist them with any questions or problems they have prior to leaving the clinic.
- Processes miscellaneous forms that require medical information for patients (i.e., disability, claims, MVA, etc.) per P.P and copies medical records.
- Assures that all necessary forms are current in patient registration. (Consent, HIPAA, Portal, Household Income, Sliding Fee).
- Responsible for updating patient demographics, insurance, and updating care team.
- Responsible for maintaining organizing, scanning medical records from outside facilities and providers.
- Daily balances cash received to cash drawer, closes cash drawer.
- Accurately creates episodes per procedure for work comp and MVA and other special accounts (i.e., prisoners/disabilities).
- Attends patients on schedule in a timely fashion.
- Enters or responds to EAR task appropriately and timely.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Participates in QI activities as needed. Including promoting Patient Portal and assisting with Patient Summaries.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Clerical experience preferred
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Family and Friends CPR within 6 months of employment
- HazMat Awareness (Extended) within 3 months, renewed annually
- Health care experience preferred
- Clinic Manager and/or Clinic Coordinator
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.