Nurse Practitioner – FT
The Nurse Practitioner will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide quality, compassion and professional healthcare for all.
- Provides comprehensive health care in the care of patients, long-term care facilities, schools, and community settings, as per OCHC policy and procedures and collaborative practice agreements/protocols, utilizing equipment, supplies, and procedures appropriate to the ages of the patients served including neonate, infant, adolescent, adult, and geriatric patients.
- Obtains and documents all relevant health history.
- Performs physical examination and documents relevant findings.
- Orders laboratory, radiological, and other diagnostic tests as indicated by physical findings and history.
- Reviews and signs results of laboratory, radiological, and diagnostic tests in a timely manner.
- Performs and documents diagnostic tests and procedures within the scope of practice/education.
- Identifies and documents patient, family, and community health deviations, health related deficits, and education and treatment needs.
- Develops and implements a plan of care, with the patient and appropriate others, which may include additional testing, education and counseling, health promotion, prescription of medications, referral, and follow-up, and documents in the patient record.
- Educates and counsels individuals and/or their families on health, health promotion, and illness, based on identified needs.
- Provides health care related consultation to and collaborates with community agencies and organizations.
- Precepts students assisting or observing in the school based clinic, maintaining an open channel of communication with instructors, fostering a positive attitude toward students, assisting with student evaluations, and assuring students function within the scope of their abilities and regulatory constraints.
- Participates in the clinical education and development of clinic staff.
- Documentation is completed and signed within 72 hours after patient has been seen.
- Reviews and responds to task list daily to ensure patients questions/scripts/results are answered within 48/72 hours.
- Participates in quality data and strives to achieve goals set each year.
- Provides correct documentation, diagnoses codes and correct template to ensure correct coding/billing occurs.
- Corrections from coding are completed in a timely manner.
Education & Training
- Graduate from an accredited school of nursing with advance education as an advanced practice nurse
- This may include certification by a nationally recognized professional organization of a nursing specialty and/or recognition by the Missouri State Board of Nursing
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Current State of Missouri Board of Nursing license and certification by a nationally recognized and state approved professional organization of a nursing specialty
- Healthcare Provider CPR within 6 months of employment
- HazMat Awareness (Extended) within 3 months, renewed annually
- One-year experience as a nurse practitioner preferred
- Clinic Medical Director
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.