The MA will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
- Takes vital signs and documents all information correctly.
- Gathers and documents initial patient subjective date, reason for visit, and uses correct template for visit.
- Reviews, corrects, and updates all clinical medical information.
- Ask all pertinent questions for quality measures as required and documents correctly to ensure quality QI data.
- Promptly assists provider in patient care as requested (shots, x-rays, lab).
- All patient exam/procedure rooms are cleaning in compliance with OCHC Infection Control policy and in a timely manner.
- Stocks rooms and pulls expired supplies.
- Maintains inventory of supplies need for duties.
- Receives and handles patients’ medical related telephone calls, relaying information to patients/ others as directed by provider, documenting in the medical record information relayed.
- Obtains consent for procedures when rooming, sets out all supplies needed, returns to room for clean-up promptly.
- Answers the nurse line promptly and handles nurse only visits quickly and documents/completes notes in a timely manner.
- Vaccine/shots are documented properly according to protocol.
- Maintains competency on vaccine/shots per protocols.
- Monitors assigned providers task list and completes in a timely manner.
- Uses correct procedures for sterilizing instruments and ensures sufficient supplies are available for procedures.
- Makes good use of downtime by completing open tasks for other providers, clean work areas, stock rooms and pulls expired supplies and meds, works downtime list.
- Ensures EKG quality by using protocol and confirm test results interface in patients chart and reports issues to Clinic Manager or RN Nurse Educator.
- Review and understand policies/protocols and adheres to them
- LAB DUTIES:
- Ensures lab requisition is printed, verifies patients name and date of birth, draws all requested lab using correct tubes and ensures test are completed within time allotted.
- Ensures lab results interface with EMR.
- Works the Lab worklist daily to ensure all labs are processed/resulted and check on ones that are not completed.
- Is responsible for reporting urgent/critical lab results to the provider and patient follow up in a timely manner
- Follow the Laboratory’s P/P for specimen handling and processing, test analyses, reporting and maintaining records of patient test results.
- Performs and maintains records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient samples.
- Adhere to the Laboratory’s quality control policies, document all quality control activities, instrument and procedural calibrations and maintenance performed.
- Follow the Laboratory’s established corrective action P/P whenever test systems are not within the Laboratory’s established acceptable levels of performance.
- Completes all proficiency testing in lab to maintain the ability to work in OCHC’s labs.
- Identifies problems that may adversely affect test performance or reporting of test results and corrects the problems or immediately notifies OCHC Laboratory personnel.
- Document all corrective actions taken when test systems deviate from the Laboratory’s established performance specifications.
- Reads and documents all temp logs in include; vaccine fridge/freezer, lab fridge and room temp.
- Completes lab only visit in a timely manner with correct documentation including the ordering provider.
- X-RAY ASSISTING DUTIES:
- Completes x-rays according to the order and per over read protocol.
- Ensures X-ray interface with chart.
- Reviews x-rays on PAC’s machine and documents performed by.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent with on the job training and demonstration of competency
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Medical Assistant Certification or CNA preferred
- Healthcare Provider CPR within 6 months of employment
- HazMat Awareness (Extended) within 3 months, renewed annually
- Health care experience preferred
- Office Manager
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.