The Dentist will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide greater access to quality, compassionate, and professional healthcare through our comprehensive health system and community partnerships.
- Is responsible for the routine and long-range management of the clinical operations for the dental clinic. Perform restorative and preventive dentistry and render them in accordance with generally accepted dental practices and standards.
- Delivery of dental care and meeting qualitative and quantitative objectives.
- Supervise and evaluate the clinical functions of the dental assistant(s) during the operation of the dental clinic.
- Documentation is reviewed and correct ICD-10 codes are attached and signed within 72 hours after patient has been seen in Open Dental and Expanse.
- Review and responds to task list daily to ensure patient/staff questions/scripts ae answered within 24-48 hours.
- Participates in quality data and strives to achieve goals set each year.
- Comply with all reporting and filing procedures and documentation of dental services in conjunction with Medicaid regulations.
- Attends executive board, task force, and other special meetings as requested.
- Maintain currency with educational requirements for licensing.
- Establish and maintain positive and effective relationships in the OCHC service area with schools, the dental community, businesses, social service providers and civic organizations.
- Dentist shall maintain all dental records related to the services provided and shall comply with all requirements of Medicaid.
- Dentist shall conduct himself/herself in a professional manner and shall discharge his/her duties in a responsible manner at all times.
- Help devise and implement preventive education programs throughout the service area.
- Beware of, and comment on, the dental schedule for the clinic.
- Completes the clinical evaluation section in a timely manner for the dental assistants.
- Provides dental care services to the patients and assumes documentation in the medical record as per policy and procedure.
- Supervises and trains clinical staff in regard to standards and policy and procedures with the patient delivery system.
- Maintains patient records according to clinic policies and procedures.
- Assures that the services provided by clinic meet the standards set by Administration and Board of Directors.
- Communicates regularly with the Chief Executive Officer regarding the services and any concerns or suggestions for the program.
- Makes every effort to treat as many patients as possible on a daily basis.
- Participates in staff/department meetings where applicable.
Education & Training
- Completion of Dental School
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Valid Missouri State License
- Health care provider CPR
- Minimum of one year dental experience preferred
- Chief Executive Office
- Dental staff while in the office
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.