Dental Site Coordinator – FT
The Dental Site Coordinator will support the mission of the Ozarks Community Health Center. Our mission is to provide quality, compassion and professional healthcare for all.
- Handles telephone routing to appropriate person including answering inquiries relating to services, simple insurance inquiries, open tasks that can be answered, closing task when finished, and screen emergencies per OCHC protocol.
- Schedules appointments per appropriate guidelines set forth by Provider/Clinic Manager which includes scheduling and selecting the correct appointment type.
- Dismisses the patient and makes arrangements for return appointments and assists them with any questions or problems they have prior to leaving
- Requests payment of deductibles, co-insurances, and non-participating third-party payor at time of service for current visit and outstanding bills.
- Posts payments with correct amount, correct mnemonics, and in correct account.
- Assures that all necessary forms are current in patient registration. (Consent, HIPAA, Portal, Household Income, Sliding Fee) and scanned into EMR.
- Responsible for updating patient photo, patient address and phone numbers, patient contacts to include making sure if listed the communication preferences are “Yes”, insurance, and Guarantor as well as getting copy of insurance cards for EMR.
- Records daily balances on cash received to cash drawer, checks for reoccurring payment and closes cash drawer with minimal mistakes.
- Accurately creates override for all dental insurances/sliding fee scale.
- Attends to patients on schedule in a timely fashion.
- Enters tasks correctly, checks to make sure there is only one task open for that patient, getting all relevant information, and routes to correct staff member.
- Scans documents in correct buckets as well as record level or account level, adds expirations date if required.
- Makes new patient packets, copies of any forms needed, completes all tasks directed to front office, and enters portal denials or duties assigned.
- Verifies insurance benefits to ensure patient has dental coverage and if they have co-insurance that needs to be collected time of service.
- Asks for patient signatures and proof of ID when picking up any kind of records/reports.
- Ensures all facesheets are printed for the day, attaching all paperwork that needs to be filled out and dental insurance verification to the facesheet.
- Call patients to confirm dental appointments and mark in comments and on schedule sheet if confirmed or left message with date/time.
- Sends referrals to corresponding specialists, email information that is needed, completes the order reconciliation by following up on the referral and asks for notes to be sent.
- Provides oversight for Quality Control and OSHA.
- Other duties as needed.
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent required
- Clerical experience preferred
- Must pass annual competencies
Licensure & Certifications
- Family and Friends CPR within 6 months of employment
- Dental experience preferred
- Dental Clinic Manager
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.