Community Health Worker/Bus Driver
The Community Health Worker will support the Mission of Ozarks Community Health Center and work within the Care Team to facilitate patient goals and connect patients with needed resources in the surrounding community.
- Communicates with a specified number of patients on a scheduled basis both in person (clinic or in home) and via phone.
- Facilitate needed appointments(including coordinating transportation)
- Follow up on appointments or other instructions from the health home by making home visits.
- Assist in obtaining social and/or community services for participants.
- Participate in Health Home staff meetings and trainings.
- Assist with and advance patient self-management.
- Advance patient’s health literacy related to their conditions. Including providing education pertinent to the patient’s chronic medical conditions and lifestyle choices.
- Facilitate medication management and compliance.
- Communicates with patients, families and providers to keep the entire team focused on meeting patient centered goals.
- Provides crisis intervention as needed online.
- Works with in his/her scope of work by referring patients to appropriate clinic resources as necessary.
- Keeps PCHH providers and care team informed of patient progress, barriers to care, and any changes in patient’s condition.
- Appropriate documentation for all patient interaction, including phone calls and home visits.
- Facilitates communication between patient and any needed resources or services within the community. Assists patient in navigating health care systems, Medicaid, DFS/DSS and insurance companies to obtain needed services.
- Conducts appropriate assessments of the patient’s health literacy, social determinants of health, barriers to care, and other screenings as needed.
- Assists patients with applications to include MCD, Food Stamps, and MCR assistance
- Maintains CLAIM counselor status by assisting patients with Medicare questions and revisions to their policies.
- Maintain CLAIMS training.
- Other duties as needed.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Keeps appointments and picks up patients in a timely manner
- Schedules transportation for patients
- Coordinates efficient routes to maximize patients assisted daily
- Provides crisis intervention/hot lining as needed
- Keeps providers and care team informed of barriers to care and any changes in patient’s condition
- Appropriately documents all patient interactions, including phone calls and rides
- Conducts and documents appropriate assessments of the patient’s Social Determinants of Health, barriers to care, chronic conditions, and other screenings as needed
Education & Training
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Must pass annual competencies
- Bus driver physical at the time of hire/Renewed every 2 years (Sooner frequency might be necessary per provider)
- Physical Capacity Profile
Licensure & Certifications
- Class E Driver’s License or CDL with passenger endorsement
- BLS within 6 months of employment
- CHW Certification within 1 year
Health care experience preferred
Health Home Coordinator/
Director of Operations
Have a Question?
Email us anytime
Or call — 417-745-0103
Important Notice: Submitting this form is a secure method of communication. This form will generate a non-encrypted email to OCHC office staff. This form of email communication can be intercepted and viewed by third parties. For secure communication with your provider, please sign up and use our Patient Portal.
If you have a need to make an anonymous report, please contact our Corporate Compliance Hotline at 417-328-7565
This health center receives HHS funding and has Federal PHS deemed status with respect to certain health or health-related claims, including medical malpractice claims, for itself and its covered individuals.